My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Hi everyone, I'm Nick. I'm a 20 year-old college student in Washington state, looking to major in political science and minor in finance. I currently attend community college but am planning on transferring to the University of Washington.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fred Thompson Drops Out

My second favorite candidate behind Rudy Giuliani has dropped out of the race for president, as many thought he would after a mediocre finish in South Carolina. In a brief statement, Thompson broke the news, saying, "Today I have withdrawn my candidacy for President of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort. Jeri and I will always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people." Senator Thompson is indeed a true conservative, and it's a shame that more people didn't rally behind him in his effort to secure the nomination. I still think he would make a great VP, and another candidate would be wise to persuade him to join their ranks.

Site Meter